When designing your kitchen, one of the most important choices you’ll make is the type of kitchen countertops you’ll install. At first, you may think it’s a simple choice that doesn’t require a lot of thought. Considering how much you use your kitchen and how good you want it to look, you should make sure you’ve done your research on countertops.
Below we’ve listed five types of kitchen countertops that you should consider for your home. Along with each type of material, we’ll explain some of the advantages and disadvantages, so that you can make an informed decision about which material is the best fit for your home.
1. Granite– it’s durable, easy to clean and maintain, it’s beautiful and available in a variety of colors and styles; the only real disadvantage is the cost
2. Quartz– also very durable and easy to clean; even easier than granite to maintain, but not as resistant to heat; it’s also available in many different styles; the price is generally more expensive than granite
3. Marble– it’s beautiful, but very porous, and needs careful sealant to protect it from every day kitchen usage; overall, it’s much more difficult to maintain and not as durable as granite and quartz
4. Concrete– high resistance to heat, not as resistant to scratching and grease stains, but extremely cost-effective and a great upgrade to consider
5. Butcherblock– durable, easy to make look like new again, adds warmth to a kitchen; does require careful maintenance and is expensive
Obviously, there are other types of materials that kitchen countertops can be made of, but these are the most durable and most popular options. Now that you know a little bit more about each of them, you’ll be able to find the best option for your kitchen.